Superintendent Recruitment Process
The Stanislaus County Office of Education has agreed to facilitate the search for the next Superintendent of Denair Unified School District. The Board of Trustees has directed Dr. Walt Hanline to assist County Superintendent, Mr. Tom Changnon, in recruiting qualified candidates to serve as the next Denair Unified School District Superintendent. One of the first tasks in the search process is for the Board to obtain input from the community and staff regarding the specific traits, skills, abilities, and experience desired in the new superintendent.
The Board invites the community, staff members and students to participate in a Public Forum on Tuesday, June 4th in the Denair Middle School Coyote Center, beginning at 6:00 p.m., to provide input into the skills, traits and abilities that should be sought in the next superintendent. Written comments may also be submitted by either accessing a survey on the District Web Site or by picking up the survey in the District Office.
Click below to complete the Community Survey
English or Spanish
The Board directed Dr. Hanline and Mr. Changnon to address the following in the search of the next superintendent:
- Provide for a state-wide search for candidates.
- Develop a leadership profile that reflects the input from the community in the areas of personal characteristics, professional skills and abilities, experience, and training.
- Provide the opportunity for the Board to review all applications and to select those candidates that the Board would choose to interview.
- Assist the Board in developing the questions for the interview.
- Facilitate the interview and selection process.
- Assist the Board in contract negotiations with the finalist.
- Thoroughly check references.
- Assist the Board in the introduction of the new superintendent to the District.
The Denair Unified School District in cooperation and communication with the home and the community recognizes our children as our future and will provide quality education in a safe environment that renders students competent in basic learning, technical, and social skills and will foster work habits, intrinsic values, and character in students that reflect life-long love for learning.
We believe that Denair Unified School District, in collaboration with parents and community members, can and will provide support to ensure that every student will come to school, stay in school and do the very best they can.
Parents now have the ability to view their child's school information over the Internet. Currently, ParentCONNECT is offered to parents with children attending Denair High School. ParentCONNECT will be available district-wide at the beginning of the 2012-13 school year. Visit the ParentCONNECT page.
Denair Unified School District
209-632-7514 • Fax 209-632-9194
3460 Lester Road • Denair, CA 95316