Student health is important to Denair Unified and our goal is to assist you with your child's health needs. We strive to keep the community informed about pertinent health topics.
Signs and symptoms of the H1N1 Virus (Swine Flu) include:
- Tiredness (can be extreme)
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Body aches
- Diarrhea and vomiting (more common among children than adults)
It is recommended that anyone experiencing these flu like symptoms, such as fever over 100', cough/sore throat and body aches should remain home until they are well.
Take everyday preventive actions:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Wash your hands with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- If you get the flu, CDC recommends that you stay home from work or school and limit contact with people to keep from infecting them.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs are spread this way.
Stanislaus County Public Health Department
Center for Disease Control and Prevention