Board of Trustees - Shared Values for Governance
| Print |
Shared Values are those beliefs that are central to the mission of our District. They are stable and all members of our District rely on them for guidance and decision-making. They are used to help our District achieve its vision and mission.
- Establish a sense of shared responsibility
- Balance the needs of students, employees and operational requirements.
- Define and pursue common vision with common sense.
- Ensure shared accountability for and ownership of agreements made.
- Promote positive professional relationships.
- Honor bargaining units and employees consistent with our Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) to serve our students.
- Listen to and consider ideas based on their merit in a fair and honest process.
- Establish priorities and follow through strategies aligned with our LCAP.
- Demonstrate positive, supportive commitment to our District’s shared mission, vision, belief and values.
- Work collaboratively at all times to solve problems.
- Hold to a commitment that will inform, educate and support the shared values of our District.
Honesty and Trustworthiness
- Share accurate, timely verbal and written communications.
- Establish mutual trust with all stakeholders based on openness, consistency and reliability.
- Build trust in an honest and straightforward manner founded on our shared values.
- Emphasize actions that are fair and equitable as we work together.
Caring and Compassion
- Display mutual respect and support of others.
- Respond unselfishly to the needs of others and treat others with kindness, concern and generosity.
- Value similarities and differences of others.